Requirements: USB Cable, Z4Root (Download), (Alternate Download) file manager from the market or on your tablet and a computer.
- Connect Device to your computer and enable USB Mass Storage.
- Place the Z4Root APK (application) in your storage directory of your choice.
- Go to Settings, Applications and select "Unknown Sources".
- Properly unmount mass storage.
- Go to your file manager and select z4root and install.
- Run the z4root application.
Alternate Method (no file manager required)
If all else fails
- psneuter: Download
- Superuser: Download
- busybox: Download
- Unzip the downloaded files into the same folder
- Open a terminal and change to the folder.
You need the android SDK and ADB working. To make sure type:
if your device lists, then you are ready to go!
- Run the following commands:
adb push psneuter /data/local/temp/psneuter
chmod 755 /data/local/temp/psneuter
- ADB should hang, wait a little while and then type:
NOTE: You should have the "#" sign instead of the "$". If you do, you have temporary root, and can continue on.
adb push busybox /data/local/temp/busybox
chmod 755 /data/local/temp/busybox
./data/local/temp/busybox mount -o rw,remount /system
- The last command should return nothing