Unlock your devices bootloader
- First you have to register at htcdev.com
- Unlock the bootloader on your phone by following the instructions at http://htcdev.com/bootloader/
- Pick your device (One V) or if it is not listed just choose "All Other Supported Models"
- download the zip file and extract (you will get recovery.img file)
- Download and install the Android Standard Developer Kit, I placed the folder at C://
- I think fastboot.exe have to be downloaded seperately because it is not available in the latest android SDK Link
- Place the recovery.img where the fastboot.exe is locate (bundled with the SDK)
- Now open command prompt and navigate to your Android SDK folder by pressing cd
- Now type:
- fastboot flash recovery name_of_the_recovery.img
eg:- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Note : You can refer the instruction steps given below for HTC Desire
- Extract the Recovery image from the zip file using 7-Zip, WinRAR, or other similar archive extraction programs.
- Rename the Recovery image file “recovery.img” (without the quotes) to make it easier to type during the flashing process through fastboot.
- Copy the Recovery image file to the folder on your computer where fastboot.exe is located.
- Make sure that the Fast Boot option on your HTC Desire has been disabled. You can do this through Settings > Power > Fast Boot, and make sure it is unchecked.
- Turn off the phone.
- Reboot into Fastboot mode. You can do this by holding down the Volume Down key while pressing the Power button.
- Once you are in Fastboot mode, connect your HTC Desire to your computer via the USB Cable.
- On your computer, go to the older where fastboot.exe is located. While holding down the Shift key, right click in the folder and select “Open Command Window Here”.
- This should open up a command window or DOS prompt.
- Type the following command in the DOS window:
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Press Enter. This will initiate the flashing of the new recovery to your device.
- Once the flashing is complete, select Bootloader in the main hboot menu.
- Select Recovery.
Mediafire : http://www.mediafire.com/?08xa6a9a414adeu
Mirror : http://androidhacks.justforlulz.fr/OneV-Primo/CWM/